Reporting and results of the projects
Berichte und Ergebnisse der Projekte
The partners of the consortium in the project „Working and Learning in Europe – a collaboration in the regional education system of Darmstadt-Dieburg“ are the Landrat-Gruber-Schule (LGS), the Martin-Behaim-Schule (MBS), the Heinrich-Emanuel-Merck-Schule (HEMS) and the Chamber of Commerce Darmstadt (IHK Darmstadt Rhein Main Neckar) as well as the Chamber of Crafts Frankfurt-Rhein-Main as a silent partner.
In 2016 the three schools have started cooperating within the Erasmus+ programme as all of them have major experience and a number of collaborations in an international context. The aim of the consortium is to act as a regional provider and offer mobility opportunities for a wide range of students. Therefore the consortium involved the regional Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber of Crafts. Both chambers have a multitude of international contacts and will support the three schools with the organization of suitable placements. Through their strong regional position they will also act as a door opener to local companies. They will also support the schools with numerous marketing activities within their media channels. They will also be a point of contact for external students. These students will also get the opportunity to participate in the Erasmus+ programme of the consortium. Here the chambers will act as a middleman and establish contacts between the students and respective schools. The Chamber of Crafts will be offering intercultural trainings for all students taking part in the mobility project.
Our objective for the project is to enlarge the impact of the European learning place cooperation and its influence in the educational system of the region of Darmstadt-Dieburg. We are confident that the Erasmus+ mobilities will raise awareness in the region and offer new possibilities for more companies and young people.
The partners of the consortium will support each other in the realization of transnational mobilities of students and staff with the international partner schools and companies throughout Europe. The project aims to increase occupational competences – in particular professional expertise, personal- and social skills as well as intercultural competence – in order to enhance the participants abilities to cooperate successfully in their work-environments and to increase their readiness to accept social and ecological responsibilities.
The consortium is collaborating with 14 partner from 9 countries (Czech Republic, Austria, Latvia, Portugal, England, Irland, Italy, Spain and Finland). During the project life span approx. 41 flows with 264 participants (students and staff) will be taking place.
The project is taking into consideration:
– Changing learning needs and processes as well as the demand on intercultural and linguistic skills
– That professional and technological changes demand extensive professional expertise and personal skills of the students
– An increase in the exchange and transfer of intellectual and technological know-how within the European and global markets
– Teaching by learning fields requires new teaching concepts based on the action-oriented learning
– to become acquainted with new cultures, learning and working processes as well as life styles
– to increase the motivation of learning new languages in order to raise the intercultural competencies
– the project will also enable new professional and private contacts and make friendships possible and help to understand cultural differencies
The objectives of the consortium are:
– to share synergies within their international expertise and partnerships
– to expand the Erasmus+ programme to a bigger target group, to open the programme for students from smaller companies in the region of Darmstadt-Dieburg
– to promote intercultural competencies in a bigger context
– to raise the attractiveness of dual education among young people
– to assist each other in the planning, execution and evaluation process
– to guarantee the quality of the mobilities with reference to their quality commitment for Erasmus+ programmes
– to enlarge the European learning place cooperation and constantly develop the learning mobilities within the Erasmus+ programme
– to manifest the learning mobilities within the dual education system in the region of Darmstadt-Dieburg